This is a marketing qualification that demonstrates specialist professional knowledge across many areas within an organization. It is ideal for marketers working at a strategic level or aspiring to do so who wish to gain a professional Masters level qualification.
The Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
is a challenging, high-level two stage marketing qualification that demonstrates specialist professional knowledge across many areas and a route to Chartered Marketer status. Stage one consists of four units, while stage two has one unit. The qualification aims to enable marketers to champion the customer experience and exert a strong influence on the organization to adopt a customer orientation, contribute along with other directors and senior managers to its competitive strategy, align the organization’s activities to the customer, and manage the organization’s marketing activities.
As a minimum, the following qualifications and experience are recommended as a prerequisite for entry onto the first stage of the Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing:
- • CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing or the CIM Advanced Certificate in Marketing OR
- • A Business or Marketing Bachelor's or Master's degree (or an equivalent qualification) where a minimum of half of the credits come from Marketing (i.e., 180 credits in Bachelor degrees and 90 credits in Master's degrees) AND
- • A range of experience working at Senior Marketing Management level that allows potential students to provide evidence that they can meet the learning outcomes of the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing if required to do so and pass the entry test for this qualification.
- • Successful completion of Stage one or a previous version of the CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing. AND
- • A range of experience in a senior marketing management role that has provided potential students with ability to evidence competence in managing marketing resources and contributing to business decisions from a marketing perspective and would be eligible for MCIM status. They should be able to provide evidence that they have met the learning outcomes of the Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing if required to do so. ADDITIONALLY
- • Students should be in a position (preferably working) to plan, agree and implement a work based project that is relevant to their business context. Graduates will also need the relevant experience, confirmed registration on our Chartered CPD Programme and two consecutive years of:
- • Member CIM (MCIM) or Fellow CIM (FCIM) membership grades.
- • Continuing professional development (CPD).
Note: Entry level is dependent upon the currency and relevance of your qualifications and experience. If English isn’t your first language, you will also need to demonstrate you’ve achieved one of the following English language qualifications within the last two years:
• IELTS Academic Module with an overall score of 6.5 (each component pass mark must be 6.0 or above).
• Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English grade B or above. CIM will consider other equivalent alternative.